- 2kg Chicken Fillets
- 1 large onion
- 1 large green pepper
- 1 large red pepper.
- 400gr whole peeled Italian tomatoes
- 1 t-spoon fresh garlic
- 45ml BBQ spice
- 45ml chicken stock powder
- 1 fresh chilli (add more for personal taste)
- 250ml unsalted peanuts
- 125ml peanut butter
- 45ml olive oil
- 400gr Fresh spinach
- Slice chicken into bite size blocks
- Peel onion and finely chop
- Top and tail both peppers and remove centre core
- Slice peppers into strips
- Clean spinach and roughly chop
- Finely chop chilli(s)
- Blend peanuts till crushed
Place olive oil, onion and garlic in a pot, fry till the onions get a white glaze and are soft. Add all spices, chilli, chicken stock, crushed peanuts and peanut butter and mix through. Place whole peeled tomatoes and a cup of water in the pot and allow to simmer for 5 minutes. Place chicken blocks in the sauce and turn heat down low, cook till chicken nice and tender. Please taste and spice accordingly to personal taste
In a separate pot, cook spinach in salted water, drain once cooked.
When the dish is ready add the spinach mix through and it is ready to serve.
Serve with rice, the above recipe serves 6 people.